Temperatures are rising to soaring new heights, and everybody is looking for the best way to cool down. In the middle of summertime, there’s no better destination than to your favorite local ice cream shop. Whether you’re on a date, out with friends, or taking your family for a short trip, we’ve assembled the most iconic creameries and parlors to date for your convenience.
- Diddy Riese is LA’s most classic ice cream spot. A perfect date-night location, this family-owned business is located right in the hub of Westwood which happens to be across the street from UCLA. Famous for their ice-cream sandwiches and $0.50 cookies, this establishment is named after the founder’s grandmother “Diddy Riese.”
926 Broxton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024
2. Jamz Creamery offers 28 different flavors of non-dairy based ice cream! It’s prime Inglewood location makes it convenient and easy to find. If you’re ever traveling down Market street on a hot summer day, their specialty dessert “The Jazz” coats your favorite flavor in drizzle and toppings for everyone to enjoy.
231 E Manchester Blvd #1717, Inglewood, CA 90301
3. Happy Ice is not your ordinary ice cream truck. This Italian ice company has been one of the fastest growing businesses in the past few years. Now operating out of a store on Melrose and multiple mobile locations, you can use their website to track where they will be stationed each day.
7324 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
4. New Orleans Sno Balls has been a landmark on Slauson for years, bringing traditional shaved ice to the streets of LA. Although funnel cakes are also available here, people love to gather to get their favorite syrup flavors and a scoop of ice cream buried right in between.
4452 W Slauson Ave, Windsor Hills, CA 90043
5. Jean’s proudly serves Philadelphia water ice in addition to sherberts, banana splits, shakes, and uniquely: chili and rice. Located right outside on Normandie, this popular pink spot is an attraction that family and friends would enjoy.
8442 S Normandie Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90044
6. Afters considers themselves to be an ice cream revolutionary. Open until 11pm in most locations, one of the most sought-after shops is in Hollywood. This ice cream shop encourages the use of social media and highlights its focus on premium product, brand identity, and the modernization of your typical trip to the ice cream parlor.
6201 Hollywood Blvd #124, Los Angeles, CA 90028
7. Mateo’s is definitely one of the most recommended ice cream places around. If you’re really from the city, you’ve been to at least one of four locations from this low-key spot for a Paleta or an ice cream. This ice cream chain is true to its Oaxacan roots and offers many tropical fruits and exotic flavors to choose from.
4929 Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90230